November 11, 2011

My Baby is One

My baby boy is one year old!  In ways it seems like he was just born, and in others, it seems like he's always been here.  I love this little boy so much it brings tears to my eyes.  I am totally, head over heels in love with him.  He is just a happy, pleasant little guy.  He's smiley and cuddly and cute.  What more could you want?

Jacob has reached some really fun developmental milestones.  He has started his version of hugging.  He leans his head into me for a little hug.  I love it.  He is a hugging machine!  He claps and waves and bounces to music. He's walking like a pro.  He's eating like a pro...I'm surprised where he stands on the growth charts, considering this!  He's even learning to play catch.  He throws a ball pretty well for a one year old!  He's started a little bit of imitating with the phone.  He'll hold it up to the back of his head and "talk."  It's funny to me that he's even old enough to figure that out.  He loves his big sister, and she adores him.  Everyone seems surprised that they play so well together; they are best buddies!  If Jacob's current personality is any indication of the future, he will be a laid-back, happy, compassionate man.  It will be fun to see what the future holds!  I love my baby boy!

On Jacob's actual birthday, we watched him on our local news.  He was on "Wonderful Ones."  Then, I was watching Landon that day, so I took them all to get pictures taken by my dad.  And, we ate a little more birthday cake!



Unfortunately, they would not do this pose for my dad which had worked out well at home... :)

No comments: