July 15, 2011

Emily & Keith's Wedding: Seven.Nine.Eleven.

Emily's wedding festivities started with a bachelorette party the Friday before the wedding.  Her bridesmaids and sisters-in-law all went out for appetizers at Radio Maria in Urbana, and then we went to see the movie, Bridesmaids.  It was a late night for this mama!  We met up at 8:45 in Champaign... about the time I'm usually falling asleep on the couch!  It was fun to go out with some girls though and pretend like I was still somewhat young and fun.  Emily got some fun honeymoon gifts.  I got her bride underwear and a newlywed bikini from VS for Jamaica-super fun! 
Here's the happy couple at the rehearsal.  They were so excited; it reminded me of myself at my rehearsal dinner.  They waited for their day even longer than Josh and I!  We dated 6 1/2 years, and I think they dated 7 1/2 years!  They were definitely ready and glad the day was finally here!
Sisters!  I love my two little sisters; they are both such beautiful women on the inside and out.  It's fun to see how we're all similar and different from each other.
Here are all the "Sudlow" ladies: Paul's wife, Alisa Sudlow; Phil's fiance, Erika "soon-to-be-Sudlow"; Betsy Sudlow; Hannah Downing; Emily Sudlow (still a Sudlow in this picture); and Stephanie (Sudlow) Downing!  It's fun to have so many "sisters!"
Ring Bearer and Flower Girl-Soon to be cousins-Hayden and Hannah!  Hayden's mom, Erika, is marrying my brother Phil in October!
The next morning, we went to the beauty shop early to get our hair done.  It was a little pricey, but it was nice not to have to worry about doing our own hair!  Emily's looked gorgeous!
Emily made Hannah this adorable "flowergirl" shirt.  She ironed on all the flowergirl rhinestones and made the bows for the shirt and her hair.  I thought it was sooo cute!
Here's Em in her "Bride" robe and Hannah in her "flowergirl" shirt-so cute!

Emily before she puts her dress on.... 

Hannah right after she got dressed....
Hannah with Tony, Emily's other ring bearer.  He is one of her students who she loves.  He and Hannah were like fraternal twins-two little peas in a pod!
Emily, right after getting dressed.  She looked so beautiful.  She had the perfect dress.  I've never seen a prettier bodice-such beautiful beading!
Here are Hannah and I before the wedding in our "matching" dresses!

Hannah and Hayden before the wedding!
The Downing family at the wedding.  I was a little disappointed we didn't get a better picture of the four of us.  There just never seemed to be a good time.  One day we'll get a picture of the four of us that we can hang on the wall!
I really didn't know if Hannah was going to fulfill her flowergirl duties.  She wouldn't do it at rehearsal, so I just had no idea.  I figured it was a 50/50 shot.  Well, she surprised me and did it perfectly!  She slowly walked down the aisle, dropping flower petals the whole way!  Once she got to the front, she was going to turn around and drop more, but someone stopped her before she got too far.  She sat on the front pew and was great the whole time.  I was so proud of her! 
What a good flowergirl!
Emily and Keith walked down the ramp at church and had flower petals thrown on them.  Jacob got scared from all the screaming (which I started!), so we had to run back into the church so he would stop crying!
Emily's cake was beautiful and delicous!
Hannah and Jacob were SO TIRED when we got to the reception.  They actually fell asleep in the car, so Josh dropped me off and drove around for a bit.  They woke up hot and cranky in the car, wanting their mom.  Hannah cried and said she wanted to go home to her bed!  I've never heard her say that!  My poor babies missed naptime and had been up late at the rehearsal the night before.  I was starting to worry how the night would go.  But, no worries.... once the music got going, Hannah was a dancing machine!  She loved it and danced all night!  Jacob was really tired but was a real trooper.  He never got cranky.... he just looked pathetically tired!

Hannah, the dancing machine!
She had a blast!




We had a present opening party when Em and Keith got back from Jamaica.  Here they are with the crock I had made for them.  They loved it; I was so glad!  It was a really good day for them because they got home from their honeymoon and Keith got offered a full-time, engineering position!  And, his birthday was the next day!  They are just floating on cloud nine!  I am so happy that my sister married a man who loves God and who will be there for her forever.  I know he will take good care of her; I am so happy for them! 

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

So excited for them. The whole wedding and honeymoon (saw pics on FB) sounds like a dream!

Anonymous said...

You and Hannah look beautiful--love the dresses!! (Your sister was gorgeous too!) Glad you had a fun time celebrating :)

Emily said...

love love love it! It's fun thinking back on the day. :) can't wait to see our proof book and order pictures