April 12, 2011

Are These the Best Days of My Life?

Almost on a daily basis, I wonder if these are the best days of my life.  I love being the mom to two little babies.  Really, there hasn't been a stage of life that I haven't loved, from junior high, to high school, to college, to married life, to motherhood.  I am a pretty sentimental person and am always sad when a "stage of life" comes to an end.  I have loved them all, and really, each stage just seems to get better and bring new joys.  Right now, it is hard for me to imagine that it could get any better than this though.  I hope I'm wrong.  I really do.  Because the time is going too fast, and I love my babies so much.  The only thing I don't like is how quickly it is going.  I just want to freeze time.  I wish I could rewind and replay the last 5 months of Jacob's life.  I just feel like I can't ever get enough of holding a new baby!  One of my favorite things in the world is snuggling on the couch at night with my kids.  The other night, I was snuggling Jacob, and Hannah wanted to join us.  I had to wonder how much longer the three of us could possibly fit side-by-side this way on the couch.  Someday it will seem crazy that this was even possible!  I thank God for the gift of my babies every day.  They are such precious gifts, and I don't want to take one single day for granted!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Great questions! I think about that a lot too... Love your updates :)