First Trimester and Other Reflections
For various reasons, the last couple of months have been a little rough at our house. Even though I wasn't nearly as sick through this first trimester as I was with Hannah, I still did not feel great. I was really tired and had lots of headaches, etc. I'm not trying to complain, but I just didn't feel like doing a whole lot. Besides that, we have been dealing with a couple of other stressful situations. I am glad that Josh and I have each other, especially during stressful times. Despite all of this, we did manage to get several small things done around the house and started VBS planning.
Meanwhile, Hannah has been growing up before my eyes. She looks older and older every day I think. Yesterday, I had two people ask me if she is three, and some have even thought four (which is a little ridiculous), but she is only one (for a few more months)! I do not think she looks three, but she also does not look like a baby at all any more, especially when her hair is down! She is picking up new words every day which is pretty fun. Her favorite words right now are door, car, and choo choo. She loves to cuddle on the couch with me every night, which I love! She is also really into books. She will sit and look at them for a long time! She also loves photo albums. Her sleep schedule has changed a lot, partly because I've been lazy since I wasn't feeling well. She started going to bed much later, but she also sleeps later and takes longer naps! So, it's all a trade off. We do time outs in her pack 'n play now, and that really seems to change her attitude if I mention the word. And sometimes time outs are good for me too because I get a minute to chill out if I get frustrated! Hannah has tried to throw things away several times, and the worst thing I have found so far was a $10 bill! I bought a toddler bed for her because I got a really good deal at a resale shop, so we went ahead and set it up in her room even though I don't intend to switch her any time soon. She still does not try to climb out of her crib, but she has climbed into it twice!
Hannah and I after the "Mother-Daughter Banquet" at church. It was REALLY windy that night!
Hannah and I got to meet Betty, Belle, London, and Abby in Tuscola for a day of shopping. It was a lot of fun. We got really good deals, especially at The Children's Place outlet. I bought some stuff for a boy "just in case." We ate lunch at a really cute sandwich/candy shop downtown. I was glad to get to see them. It was a lot of fun and I have a feeling we'll do it again!
3 comments:
Hannah is growing, and she looks like a toddler. But, I definitely don't think she looks 3! Love all the new pictures.
Wow--she is getting big! Good deal that she is not climbing out of her crib yet. Kinnick does... but typically he still stays in until I come into his room and then he pops right out!
Don't forget "cuckoo"! lol
Post a Comment