Josh's 27th Birthday
Josh turned 27 last weekend. I remember when my dad was 27. I specifically remember that was the first time I asked my dad how old he was... and I probably thought that he was old then. Wow, now I am married to a 27 year old man, and I'm not far behind!
It was a typical birthday celebration around here with lots of eating, family, eating, presents, and more eating! On Saturday morning (Josh's actual birthday), Hannah and I let him open his presents. We got him the new season of Smallville, a case of Boylans black cherry pop, Dove chocolate, and some other fun things. Then we took him to Champaign to go shopping for some new cargo shorts and swim trunks. I forgot how picky he is... we didn't get either one. Then, I had planned to go to a fun Italian restaurant in Champaign called Minneci's. Josh and I went there with his dad over 10 years ago when we first started dating, and we have never been back. Unfortunately, when we got there at 3 for a late lunch/early dinner, we discovered that they don't open until 5:00-bummer! So, we ended up eating at a yummy Mexican place, Dos Reales. The funny thing is that was where we ate last year for his birthday because it is right behind the NICU, where Hannah was at the time!
After dinner, we picked Betsy up from her dorm at the U of I, and the four of us went for ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. We even let Hannah get her first, very own ice cream. She loved it! She had cheesecake ice cream with graham crackers mixed in. She had it all over her face but she ate every last bite.
The next day, we celebrated with my family after church. Dad made a fancy lunch and I made a Snickers cheesecake. It was very yummy. Then, that night, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Josh's mom's side for more partying. And on Tuesday night, we went to the Moon Glo with Josh's dad's side for yet one more party. So yes, I gained 10 lbs. this weekend... but I had some really good food!
Happy Birthday Josh. We love you and hope you had fun this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment