In the fall, Josh asked me if it would be possible for me to get away for the day on Wednesday, November 20th. I didn't know what he had planned yet, but I knew he wanted to take the day off of work to spend with me, so I wanted to make it happen! The older 3 kids were at school all day. It wasn't Lucas' regular preschool day, but I switched him that day for him to go for the morning. Papa Steve picked him up and kept him until the older kids got off of school. Then my mom and dad took over until we got home that evening. It was a bit of a puzzle but it worked out!
Josh and I headed up to Chicago. We started with lunch at an Italian place called Acanto. It was a very nice restaurant with great food. It was quiet when we first arrived but was buzzing by the time we left!
Then.... we headed down the street to see Hamilton!!! I have been wanting to see this show for awhile; I was a little naive about how much tickets would cost though. I had no idea. It was worth every penny. It was amazing. I will never forget it.
I knew a little about the show before I attended; I had listened through all of the music, watched a documentary on PBS, read Who Was Alexander Hamilton?, and listened to the audio book by Lin Manuel Miranda. Since seeing the show, I have listened to it straight through dozens of times. It is such an amazing work. I am still in awe.
















No comments:
Post a Comment