First, we had Josh's dad's side over for dinner, cake, and ice cream....
The next night, we had the Sudlow side over for dinner, cake, and ice cream...
And the next night, we went to White Heath for dinner, cake, and ice cream... (noticing a theme?)
Lucas' 2nd birthday was a little sentimental for me. That week, we took down his crib after having it in our home for 10 years. It was the first time I'd had a child turn two and wasn't already thinking about the next baby. I was pregnant on Hannah's 2nd birthday. I was pregnant on Jacob's 2nd birthday. On Aleah's 2nd birthday, Lucas was already a month old. But when Lucas turned two, we knew that he was our last one. And while I truly am at total peace with that, it's just a weird feeling. I've been in the baby stage since 2007. It is 2018. We've said goodbye to pregnancy and nursing and pacifiers and highchairs and cribs. And while we're still doing diapers and strollers and sippy cups and convertible car seats and temper tantrums, I know all of that will soon be gone too. I'm sad and I'm excited. It's a strange feeling. I know that the end of a season means the beginning of a new one. I have been through it over and over. From junior high to high school to college to marriage to having babies. I have loved every single stage. It is always hard for me when a season comes to an end. And yet, I know that the next season cannot happen without one season ending. And so I look forward with anticipation to what is to come. It's hard to imagine what could top this. But it always does. Life keeps moving and life keeps getting better. And today, we're so thankful our our rascally little two-year-old.
No comments:
Post a Comment