November 14, 2017

Festival of Trees

We always love The Festival of Trees!  I made it there three times this year!  

They have a fancy gala on Friday night that is corporately sponsored.  I have always wanted to go, but tickets aren't available to the general public.  My brother Phil was picking up Hadley on a Friday afternoon and mentioned that they had two extra tickets for that night if we wanted them.  Well I have four kids, no babysitter, I look terrible, I have nothing to wear, Josh is in Champaign, and it's in less than two hours, so I said there was no way I could pull that off... well long story short, we did pull it off!  I don't think we could have planned that if we tried!

Men were required to wear a suit and tie, which Josh was not excited about, but he humored me, and even though I had a great time, I think he had even more fun than I did!  
Olivia Chew came to babysit at the last second and even brought shoes for me to borrow; how is that for a babysitter?  

I squeezed into this old dress that I have had for 10 years.  I think I need a new one! 
I always like to get Jacob's picture with Mrs. Claus because she held him at this event when he was just days old!

Lucas had a blast with Rudolph, showing him how to put his nose through the hole for a picture:

Aunt Sherry was there selling fudge, so Hannah got to dance with her:
Mom and I took the little ones during the day after Tuesday school:


Madelyn and Aleah next to Aunt Erika's tree that she decorated:

No comments: