I was very excited about the timing of spring break this year. Lucas was due on March 19th, which was the second day of break, and since he was born on the 8th, break came at the perfect time. I really didn't have any plans for the week except to try and settle in as a family of six. Mom suggested that I make plans to go see Aunt Linda with Emily and all of our kids. I thought we might be a bit much all together: a 7 year old, a 5 year old, two 2 year olds, a 9 month old, and a 1 week old! Also, Lucas hadn't really been "out" yet, and I had not been out of the house with all four kids on my own yet. But, we decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a day that I will treasure forever.
After successfully getting all four kids ready and out the door, we went through the McDonald's drive thru and picked up lunch. We took it to Aunt Linda's house, where we had a picnic in her living room. We had a lot of fun catching up. Aunt Linda spoiled the kids with M&Ms and money for the mall. She sang with us and laughed at our chaos, and we all just really enjoyed our time together.
After our visit, we took our dollars from Aunt Linda and went to the mall to see the Easter bunny, ride the train, and buy a few little goodies. The kids kept saying, "This is the BEST DAY EVER!!!" They said, "We got to see the Easter Bunny AND Aunt Linda-IN THE SAME DAY!"
We had absolutely no idea that would be the last time we would see our dear Aunt Linda. I'm so glad that Lucas and Aunt Linda got to meet. And I'm forever grateful for this day that the Lord orchestrated. I will treasure these memories forever.
Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures with Aunt Linda that day, but we did take pictures at the mall, which Aunt Linda thoroughly enjoyed seeing on Facebook:
Aleah was petrified of the Easter bunny:
No comments:
Post a Comment