May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

I had a nice Mother's Day weekend this year.  Josh took Friday off of work to get some home stuff done, so that night, we all went to Monical's to kick off the celebration weekend.  It was my mother's day dinner and Jacob's 1/2 birthday dinner.  We chose the place together!  Jacob likes Monical's because it's the only place we let him have pop.  I told Josh we could go for pizza if he'd let me order as many toppings as I wanted, haha!
The next morning, Hannah wanted to make breakfast in bed because of a book her teacher had read to her.  Josh made bacon, eggs, and pancakes!  This is a big deal.  I don't think he's ever made me breakfast before!  Josh got me a fitbit (which I got early), and the kids made lots of cute homemade cards and things.  
On Saturday night, we went to Josh's mom's house to celebrate with her.  The kids helped her finish making a lemon cake for dessert.  And she got all of the kids some spring jammies:
Sunday was busy because I was in charge of our church's baby dedication.  We had an hour of pictures, breakfast, and prayer.  And then the families had a special part in the regular service.  After church, we went to my parents' house for lunch.  It was a nice day.  I was tired by the end of this weekend!
As I think I say each year, I truly love my job.  I am so thankful that I get to stay at home with my babies.  There is nothing else I'd rather do.  I hope I always remember how great it is to have a lap full of babies:
And I hope I remember what's it's like to go to Target and get the BIG cart, and to be full before I even get started (that's Aleah in her carseat in the bottom of the cart, the diaper bag in the front of the cart, and of course Jacob and Hannah on the "train" as they call it.  See, I'm full before I even start!
And I hope I remember how Hannah would want to dress like me:
And what it's like to have three little ones running all of the living room every night acting crazy:
And how important girl time and learning about motherhood were to me:
And I hope I remember to be silly with my kids and not take life too seriously:



Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: