May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This was my first Mother's Day as a mother of three!  I love being a mom; I am so thankful for my children, and I am especially thankful that I get to call being a mom my "job."  I love being home with them and love these little years.  I really feel that being a mom is my calling and that I am doing what I was meant to do.
Aleah turned one month old on Mother's Day, our church had Baby Dedication that day, and we got to celebrate with both of our moms, so for many reasons, it was a special day.  However, I was in charge of the Baby Dedication (and participating in it with Aleah!), I hadn't slept through the night in weeks, and our family received some pretty stressful news that weekend, so in other ways, it was an exhausting day as well!
After church, we came home and the kids gave me lots of homemade cards and things they did with daddy.
Then we met Josh's mom's family at The Possom Trot.  Jody got me flowers and Aleah's initial and birthstone charm for my mother's necklace.  I love that necklace!
After lunch, we went to my parents' house for dinner.  All of us kids went together and got my mom a Kindle Fire, and my mom got me a pretty new scarf that I'm excited to get to wear!

When we got home from all of the events, Hannah got sick from eating so much chocolate all day.  And all I could think while Josh and I were cleaning up the huge mess (when all we really wanted to do was go to bed) was that this was a true picture of motherhood.  It's not about me; being a mother requires selflessness and patience and a whole lot of love.  It's not always pretty and perfect and easy.  But it's always worth it, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Happy Mother's Day from one very happy, fulfilled, joyful, and slightly exhausted mama!

No comments: