Before we got to my most exciting part though, we let the kids find their gifts and stockings. Santa left a Jasmine costume on the tree for Hannah, which she has been wanting for several months. There was a Mickey mat with cars under the tree for Jacob, but what he really wanted from Santa was on the top of his stocking-a toy frog! That is all that boy really wanted for Christmas this year, just a little toy frog! The kids had lots of goodies in their stockings like new socks, underwear, special ornaments, toothbrushes, etc.
Each of the kids had one gift to unwrap. Jacob got a book about dinosaurs, and Hannah got a framed picture from our Disney World trip for her room.
Santa left a note with his empty plate and glass!
Then came the BIG news of the day!!! We finally got to open our envelope!! I was nervous to open it! With Hannah and Jacob, the ultrasound tech kind of casually mentioned the gender during the ultrasound; I had no control or anticipation of the moment we would find out, so this was different! But I was ready to just know! I opened the card that our tech had filled out to find that we were having a GIRL!!! Everyone was happy except poor Jacob. He kept crying and saying that he wanted a boy. It was so funny! We got it on tape, so I'm sure that will be a treasured family keepsake forever!
After we found out the results, I pulled out a sleeper that I had bought for the baby. I had a feeling that it was a girl for quite awhile. But, I did have a dream that it was a boy, which confused me because my dreams with Hannah and Jacob had both been right. In my dream, I kept saying, "I thought it was a girl; I thought it was a girl." And it seemed like EVERYONE thought I was having a boy, for some reason. So by the end, I was feeling pretty confused but still would have put my money on "girl."
We got to have fun telling all of our family that day. Hannah called Grandma Jody and told her. She was excited to get to tell her. After we made our traditional, homemade doughnuts for breakfast, we ran by my parents house and gave them a bag of pink truffles on our way to Josh's family, where we got to announce it to everyone! It was fun to wait and to do something different, but I'm so glad I know now. I feel more connected, being able to picture life with another girl, thinking more specifically about her name, and getting all of her stuff ready. It was a fun Christmas surprise that I will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment