Our family schedule changed drastically this fall as both of the kids are in preschool. Hannah is attending 4 days a week (2-2.5 hours/day) and Jacob is attending 1 day a week (2 hours).
On MWF, Hannah attends our church preschool. Her teachers are Mrs. Jadawn Myrick and Mrs. Jennifer Church. She already knew several kids in the class. She is still unsure as to whether or not she really likes it. They have a Green-Yellow-Red discipline system. She (as well as most of her classmates) have been on yellow several times. It is just a warning, but Hannah takes it hard. I have no doubt she deserved to be on yellow and that it's good for her; she just isn't so sure about it. Most days she stays on green and reports this to me as soon as she comes out the door, but if she is not on green, she is very sad! One day when she was on yellow, she came out crying. I stayed to talk to her teacher for a minute, while Hannah and Jacob went and had a pow-wow. After a few minutes, Jacob came back down the hall, ran up to Hannah's teacher (who he didn't know), and very sternly said, "You be nice to my sister!" I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or be angry. It was very out of character for Jacob. I guess it was sweet he stuck up for her, but she was in the wrong, and they both got quite a lecture after that one!
First day of Thursday School
Jacob and Hannah both are attending Thursday school this year, which is a free program at a church in Danville. It gives mommy an opportunity to run errands alone once a week! Jacob really loves his class. I wasn't sure how he'd do since he doesn't always like his church class (he goes to Hannah's a lot, which I often teach). But, he didn't really have any issues! He started doing puzzles on the first day and said, "Bye, mom!" He has seemed a little nervous a few days going in but is putting on a brave face. He hasn't cried, which surprised me a little. I'm so proud of him. He is quick to tell me ALL of the things he did each day too. He has some really sweet teachers, so that helps. Hannah also really enjoys her Thursday school. It is a really great program!
No comments:
Post a Comment