Josh and Hannah had quite a week (or more) of birthday celebrations! We are blessed to have lots of family and friends to celebrate with!!!
A little before Hannah's birthday, Grandma Jody took Hannah shopping in Indy for her back-to-school wardrobe, backpack, and Halloween costume! We had a yummy lunch at The Cheesecake Factory!
On Hannah's actual birthday, Grandma Teresa and I took the kids over to Champaign to meet Papa Ed at Monical's and to go ride the carousel at the mall.
Grandma and Grandpa got Hannah a toy violin. She has been asking for a violin for a few years now; she was so excited!
Hannah has been asking for quite awhile for me to make her a castle cake. I did my best! She really wanted it to be pink and blue. I added a little purple. She's a girl who knows what she wants!
Josh and I got Hannah a pin lanyard for DisneyWorld, a charm necklace for Marie Grace, some clothes, and a princess game.
Our family celebrated at home the night of her birthday. I told her we could go out anywhere she wanted or I could make anything she wanted. She chose homemade broccoli cheese soup. Sounds good to me!
The next day, we invited a few of her girlfriends over for a little tea party. I think anyone who has planned a "little" party knows it ends up being about as much work as a big party! It was her first friends party, and the girls had lots of fun. We had lots of cute tea party food, decorated jewelry boxes, made necklaces, etc.
Grandma Teresa and Aunt Emily came over to help me out. I'm glad they did!
Lily, Violet, Brenna, Hannah, Jillian, Lily
She got some cute presents!
The next day, we celebrated with my family at my parents' house.
Hannah got some more cute presents!
Grandma Teresa made Hannah a dress for her and Marie Grace for Disney World!!
A few days later, we had Josh's dad's side over to our house to celebrate.
Hannah got two umbrellas for her birthday! She's so excited about both of them!
For Josh's birthday, Jessica Pittman and I surprised the boys by meeting each other at the Illini game! It was Jon's birthday weekend too. It was really fun to catch up with them. It had been waaaay too long! It was miserably hot, so we only lasted through the first half, but we went to Kamakura and talked for hours!
The next day, we went to Josh's moms for another celebration.
Hannah got her Sofia backpack for preschool, and Josh got a snow cone maker!
That is A LOT of birthday celebrating. I'm always exhausted when that week is over!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment