December 31, 2012

Books I read in 2012


Wow, in 2012, I read at least 20 books!  I know that's not a lot for some people, but that's more than I've read in a long time!  Here's a list of what I read by category:


Marriage
Rekindling the Romance (good)
The 5 Love Languages (I know, I know.  I had never read this classic that is required in most pre-marital counseling.  It is a good read that I think could help a lot of couples.  We weren't sure on our love langues before reading, but we think Josh's love language is words of affirmation and mine is acts of service.)

Parenting
So You're Thinking About Homeschooling (Many of the moms that I admire are homeschooling moms, and this book was left in my office at church, so I read it.  Still not sure what we'll do, but it had lots of good thoughts.  I feel like God has asked me to at least consider this option that I never thought I would.)
Creative Correction (I feel like I should re-read this one in a few years.  It's better for parents of grade school children, I would say.)
No Regrets Parenting (This was ok)

Fun
The Help (Good!)
The Vow (Good!)
Misconception (Good)
Inconceivable (Good but heartbreaking....This is the flip story of Misconception.)
The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels (Good)

Spiritual Fun
Choosing to See (Good but heartbreaking....)
90 Minutes in Heaven (Good)
Kisses From Katie (Excellent-best book I read this year!)
Reshaping it All (Disappointing)
Heaven is for Real (Good)

Spiritual Development
10 Things Jesus Never Said (Horrible, poor Theology)
Don't Sing Songs to a Heavy Heart (Good)
Think Orange (Ok)
Not A Fan (Good)
Simplicity (Ok)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for the book list! I enjoyed 90 Minutes in Heaven but loved Heaven is for Real and couldn't put it down. I haven't read The Five Love Languages...just parts of it! I know I need to read it. I am trying to read the whole Bible this year.