We've been having lots of fun celebrating our wedding anniversary the last few weeks. Our actual anniversary was a Tuesday, so Josh was at work. When I got up, Hannah said "Happy Anniversary, mommy!" Daddy put her up to that. It was sweet. I also had a flood of facebook messages, including one from Josh, which just got the day off to a fun start.
Later in the day, the florist showed up at my house! I don't think a florist has ever been to my house, and she had TWO deliveries for me, eight pink roses from Josh and a hibiscus plant in a pot from my parents! (Pottery is the traditional gift for an 8th anniversary; my mom follows that list every year.) Then, to make a long story short, we made plans to go out with friends that night. We went to Champaign for Mexican with Mike, Kristen, Betsy, and Nathan. That was fun. We also exchanged gifts that night. Josh gave me a "shopping spree" by myself in Champaign to get new clothes. I ended up going the following week and got 5 new outfits and had the luxury of taking my time in the dressing rooms while Josh kept the kids at home; it was great! I got Josh some antique PEZ dispensers that I lucked out and found at a rummage sale; they are worth way more than I paid! I also wrote him a letter and got him some of his favorite snacks.
That weekend, we went out in Champaign by ourselves. We had dinner at Timpone's, which is actually where we went last year as well. The food was AMAZING-so very yummy!!! We also visited a few specialty shops that we never get to go to (Prairie Gardens & AMKO-an Asian grocery store). As always, it was fun to sit at a restaurant without entertaining the kids. Josh's mom and step-dad watched the kids, and they surprised us with a stepping stone with the kids' handprints in it!
On our actual anniversary day, I had to take Jake to the doctor for his 18 month check-up and both kids to Wal-Mart for a desperate grocery run. And on our anniversary date, we looked at landscaping at Prairie Gardens. I couldn't help but think that eight years ago on these exact days, I was wearing the most expensive outfit I will probably ever wear and then jetting off to Mexico and 4 wheeling across the beaches. My life is so much less "glamorous," yet exactly what I wanted. I just thought of how happy I would have been on our wedding day to have this glimpse of our future-two beautiful children to take on errands, a home with a yard to landscape, my dream of being a stay-at-home mom, not to mention a wonderful husband... I am one happy and blessed girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment