Mother's Day always causes me to reflect on my "job" of being a mother. I mean, this is currently what I do all day, every day. I feel about as much in the heart of this job of motherhood as one could possibly can get, as about every minute of my every day revolves around being a mother. Almost four years in, and I am still sometimes in shock that I am actually living my dream. This is exactly what I wanted for my life, and I couldn't be happier. I love being a mom. I love being at home with my kids. I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity. This is not to say we don't have our moments...oh, we have our moments! And there are definitely some things I won't miss one day (being able to go out without arranging childcare, never-ending messes, entertaining small children at nice restaurants, and dirty diapers, just to name a few!). But, there is WAY MORE that I will miss someday. I am just embracing every day and totally enjoying this stage of life.

On another note, we had a very nice Mother's Day. I got a lovely bottle of my favorite perfume from Josh and the kids, and I got a beautiful necklace from Jody with my kids' initials and birthstones in it. We had lunch at Houlihan's (yum!) in Champaign to celebrate Betsy's college graduation (she graduated on Mother's Day), and we had dinner another night at Possum Trot with Jody and the rest of Josh's family. Happy Mother's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment