This past weekend, Josh got to be in a wedding at our church for our youth minister, Mike Strunga and his new wife, Kristen. Mike has been in Catlin about a year and a half now, and he has become good friends with our family. Mike has been in our small group, and we've had a lot of fun getting to know him. He also comes over to play games and watch The Office with us just about every week. Hannah adores him. His wife, Kristen is from Catlin, and we've known her a long time. I was actually her small group leader her senior year of high school. Mike and Kristen met at Lincoln Christian University, and now they are ministering here in Catlin.
Their wedding was really beautiful. And the reception was very nice. I thought the tables looked beautiful, and I loved that each table had its' own cake on it.
They did a great job catering to the little ones. They brought around goodie bags for all the kids, and then they brought around glow necklaces for all of them. Those were a big hit!
The only downer was that Hannah was scared of the music once it got loud. I was surprised because she was the hit of the party at Jordan and Courtney's wedding, but she was sincerely scared. My parents were there too, so mom took her out in the hallway for most of the dancing time. I thought she was going to have a ball. She was getting her groove on to the dinner music so I thought she was going to have a lot of fun during the real dancing, but I was wrong!
I hope she isn't the same way at Emily and Keith's wedding in a few weeks! Even the next day, she kept talking about how the music was "REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD!" She was so frazzled by it!
Jacob didn't seem to mind at all. He totally crashed in my arms. He actually never even woke up to eat, and I was quite surprised by that!
One of the best parts of the weekend for me was that the Burgers were in town! I was so excited! I got to spend lots of time with Jennifer. We hung out at the rehearsal dinner, at the wedding, and at church on Sunday. She also came over Saturday afternoon to get her kids ready for the wedding. My house was a DISASTER. I was embarrassed but so glad that I got the extra time to spend with her. I love them and miss them so much. It's a year later, and I can still cry about their move.
We had such a great time at the wedding, and we were glad Josh got to be such a special part of it. We wish Mike and Kristen a lifetime of happiness!



No comments:
Post a Comment