December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas was a lot of fun this year. The festivities started on Christmas Eve when we went to my parents house for lunch and presents. I love exchanging gifts with my family because we all try really hard to get each person something they will love. We open our gifts one at a time, going around the circle youngest to oldest. This year, while we were opening gifts, I noticed that 9 out of the 12 people there were in their 20's. Hannah and my parents were the only ones who weren't. It's fun having so many brothers and sisters, and I wonder what our Christmases will be like in 10 years or so when everyone has a few kids. I think someone needs to buy a bigger house! My parents got Hannah & I a light up Christmas tree that plays music. She loved it! I'm just hoping we get it packed away before it gets broken-so far so good! Hannah got lots of fun toys, all of which play music I believe, so she was a happy camper. She loves the Black Eyed Peas and I got their CD from Phil & Erika, so my dad put it in his CD player. However, he was showing off his new sub woofer, and it scared her and she started crying! That one backfired! After spending the afternoon with my family and eating way too much, Josh and I went to the Christmas Eve service at church, and then we took Hannah home to get to bed. For the first time in our married life, Josh and I spent Christmas morning at our own home. It was really nice to have Christmas morning as a family with Hannah since the days were chaos. My mom made Hannah a really cute nightgown for Christmas morning. I get told that she looks like Pebbles or Cindy Lou from the Grinch pretty much on a daily basis, but I thought this nightgown made her look even more like Cindy Lou. Hannah kind of grasped taking the paper off presents, but we still had to help her. Hopefully next year, she'll tear into them! After opening gifts, we headed to Champaign to spend the day with Josh's dad's family. It is always a fun day of playing cards, opening presents, and eating lots. Here are most of the toys that Hannah got for Christmas. Needless to say, we tripled our toy collection which is a lot of fun, but if this trend continued for every kid on every Christmas, we would need a bigger house!
Hannah with her friends Lily and Violet Johnson!

3 comments:

Betsy Sudlow said...

The picture with Lily and Violet is the best. haha.

Jenn said...

Loved seeing all your Christmas pictures...still working on getting mine all posted.

Kristina said...

Cute Pictures! Sadie got that ball popper for her first Christmas (from Santa)... Sadie also got called Cindy Lou a lot when she was Hannah's age (especially at the Dr. office!) I can't believe how fast they grow up...