December 30, 2008

So This is Christmas...

Our first Christmas with Hannah was so much fun. Josh and I had a really hard time deciding what our Christmas schedule would be like this year since we have started our own family, but we finally came to an agreement that seemed to work well for this year at least. We did our family Christmas (with just the three of us) on Christmas Eve morning. We woke up and did presents, ate breakfast, and watched "Elf." It was such a special morning and I'm so glad we made time for just the three of us. After the movie, we got ready and went to my parents' house for lunch and presents. Hannah's favorite gift was a glow worm from her Uncle Paul and his girlfriend Alisa. Her eyes lit up every time we turned it on. We spent the afternoon there and then went to the Christmas Eve service. I didn't see much of the service because Hannah wasn't such a fan of the music (trumpets, etc.). We ended up going back to my parents' house that night to play Wii with my brothers and sisters. On Christmas morning, we woke up at 7 and were at Josh's mom and step-dad's house by 8:30 (and they live an hour away so we made good time!). This was the first year that we didn't spend the night with them on Christmas Eve, but when we spent the night there on Thanksgiving, Hannah did not sleep and we didn't want to take that risk on Christmas. It is a long enough day without being sleep deprived! We opened presents and had breakfast with them. Hannah got several fun toys and a cute Illini cheerleading uniform! After breakfast, we were off to Josh's dad's side of the family for lunch and more presents! They always have Christmas at Josh's Aunt Becky's and it is always crazy. Josh's cousin Cannon (who is about 6 or 7) got a real trumpet for Christmas. Needless to say he was "playing" that a lot of the day. Also, Josh's cousins brought their dogs to the house, and they were yelping a lot at the trumpet and at Hannah (I think they were a little jealous). It was mass chaos if you are getting the picture... Present time was insane. Everyone just rips into their presents all at once. Not everyone gets everyone presents there, but everyone got Hannah something. We were buried in gifts! She and Grandma Downing definitely had the most presents. Hannah got lots of toys, books, and diapers!!! We were happy about that! The best part was that Josh got an iPod touch from his dad. He had no idea he was getting it, which made it really fun. He was so surprised! I was excited for him. I was a little worried about Hannah being overwhelmed with everything, but she handled it well. We had a great Christmas and I have a feeling that it will just get even more fun each year!

3 comments:

Betsy Sudlow said...

snaps for Hanny's first Christmas

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I am hoping to update my blog with Christmas info soon. Thanks for the e-mail.

Kristina said...

Merry Christmas! CUTE pictures of Hannah--I can't believe how big she is getting...